Don’t get out of your car. Don’t get off of your tractor. Let the Edison Sliding Opener™ open your barn doors with ease. Great for vehicular sliding door applications, the Edison will revolutionize your sliding door operation. Now you can open a sliding door just as you would your conventional garage door. It’s that simple with the Edison Sliding Opener.
The Edison is ideal for commercial use, agricultural purposes, or residential applications. There is nothing out there as simple, affordable, powerful, quiet or reliable.
As America’s premier builder of carriage doors, Real Carriage Door & Sliding Hardware developed and designed the Edison in 2008 with collaboration from our European manufacturer, tailoring it to be simple, robust, and ideal for the most common sliding setups possible:
Single-Slide (single door or multiple cascading doors moving in one direction to open/close)
Biparting (two doors meeting in the middle of opening)
By-Passing (two doors passing by each other is same opening)
The Edison is available in three powerful models:
- Medium duty
- Slightly faster opening/closing speed
- For doors up to 300lbs
- 7lb max force to open
- For doors up to 700lbs
- 12lb max force to open
1HP Heavy Duty
- Heavy duty
- For doors up to 850 lbs
- 40lb max force to open (180 Newtons)
Upgrade option: Simply change out the motor should you decide to upgrade or downgrade to different motor strength. The change out is easy and without any major disruption as the setup is the same, only the motors are different. All this for a simple motor only replacement purchase.
- System can be mounted to the ceiling or wall
- Single door or multiple door applications
- Meets or exceeds UL 325 safety standards
- Great for pole barns, workshops, sheds, garages, and more.
* Free shipping is available on purchases of $75 or more to any location within the 48 contiguous United States and Canada. Free shipping is not available for Hawaii, Alaska, or for orders requiring LTL shipping.
** In Stock Ships Same Day - when order placed by 2:00pm (Pacific Standard Time)